Combined Training is an NSCA approved ONLINE course that teaches you how to expand your professional tools to include pre-performance and post-rehabilitation training based on the latest muscle physiology research. This course shows strength professionals how to program to account for interference theory along with recently discovered muscle clocks and the role that they play in muscle performance and rehabilitation outcomes. Packed with real world clinical applications and sample routines, this course is designed with the working professional and immediate field application in mind. Earn .5 CEs – 5 contact hours.
Approved through the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) for continuing education (CE) units for the following specialty certifications:
· CSCS, Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
· NSCA – CPT, NSCA Certified Personal Trainer
· CSPS, Certified Special Populations Specialist
· TSAC – F, Tactical Strength & Conditioning Facilitator
When you finish this course you will be able to:
1. Discuss interference theory and how it relates to combined training.
2. Explain what muscle clocks are and the role that they play in strength and conditioning training outcomes.
3. Develop effective combined training sessions to increase muscle performance.
4. Organize mode, frequency, duration, volume, and intensity of training to design sessions and programs that maximize muscle performance.
5. Design effective cardiovascular and flexibility training programs that improve endurance and flexibility while minimizing the negative effects on muscle performance.
Note: this course is approved through the Board of Certification (BOC) and the Collegiate Strength & Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCa).
The following courses are ONLINE for-credit CE courses offered through the American Council on Exercise (ACE) at www.acefitness.org. Each course is a programming how-to course designed for PFTs, group fitness instructors, strength and conditioning specialists, and health and wellness coaches. For direct course access, click on the titles below.
Approved by American Council on Exercise (ACE) and American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). Earn four hours CE credit! The how-to programming course includes a PDF manual with over 50 exercise pictures, an assisted stretching guide, an online tutorial, and quiz.
Developed for fitness professionals, Dr. Amy shows you how to use the three principles of force application that help you determine where to place your hands, what direction to push, and how much force to use when helping clients stretch. Stretch your clients safely and effectively using techniques for specific areas of the body. During this course you will learn:
*The BAS course is also offered as part of ACE’s Functional Training Specialist Certificate
Approved by American Council on Exercise. Earn one hour of CE credit! Designed with strength & conditioning specialists in mind, this how-to programming course includes PDF manual and online tutorial and quiz.
Programming for Strength Gains teaches you how to combine emerging strength training science with your existing program—and learn how to take your clients’ fitness to the next level.
You will learn
Approved by American Council on Exercise. Earn two hours CE credit! Designed exclusively for the ACE Store for personal fitness trainers, health & wellness coaches, and strength & conditioning specialists. This how-to programming course includes PDF manual with over 40 exercise pictures, an online tutorial, and quiz.
Explore the changes that occur to the brain with obesity and how to account for them when strength training your clients who have obesity. Determine ways to select safer and more effective exercises for your clients.